Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Picking my nose...

Yippee! I begged, pleaded, rationalized, and made lots of promises, and Dr. S consented to remove the awful nasal feeding tube. I know that I'm still going to have to work hard at keeping food in me, and keeping a food diary and drinking the BOOST shakes and all that stuff, but at least I don't have that damn thing hanging out of my nose now. It was just about to send me over the edge. I've been more depressed in the past week than I have during the entire 3 month ordeal that I've been through. Luckily, I feel pretty darn good physically, so I think things are on the upswing! Of course, knock on wood... I've said that before.

3 comments:

Rikki said...

Glad to hear you're tubeless...although no one works a feeding tube like you do, girl.

Megan Stuke said...

I have to agree with Rikki -- I don't think I know anyone else who could pull off the tube quite like you did.

Now, eat, my friend, EAT!

Latah, sistah.

el.dude said...

Yea! Although you were great to go stepping out with it anyway to the b-day party- a brave thoughtful woman always!

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White