Friday, March 30, 2007

TGIF

Hey, I know what would be fun... if I just responded to my comments. Here ya go...

Anonymous said...
I'm grateful that you are having a girl. They are so much more fun to dress! Deb
1:18 PM

Yes, HELLO KITTY, here we come!!

Rikki said...
Yay! That's the spirit. Dibs on holding the baby (after they wipe the goo off, of course).
8:17 AM

Jeez, there's goo involved? Ick.

Mom said...
I'm so glad it's a girl also. Besides being fun to dress and spoil, I can chuckle to myself that you are finally going to get what you deserve. A boy would not have given me nearly as much revenge. I can't wait for the teen years!!!
5:10 AM

What the hell are you doing up at that hour of the night??? Anyway, Mom, I know you're looking forward to the teen years, and we'll be sure to visit you real often in the nursing home to let you know how it's going.

Meg Moran said...
I need one of those bracelets......sooooo, lay on the couch, be grateful for the little meg-a-bun (get it? the meg part?) and pray for Mr. Difficult. If you have to, just pray he has a hat the day his hair all falls out.
12:37 PM

This is the BEST comment, by far... Little did you know, Meg, that he's already bald. Hee!! So... here's my take on this for now... Resentment
From p. 552 Big Book, Freedom from bondage

“If you have a resentment you want to be free of, if you will pray for the person or the thing that you resent, you will be free. If you will ask in prayer for everything you want for yourself to be given to them you will be free. Ask for their health, their prosperity, their happiness, and you will be free. Even when you don’t really want it for them and your prayers are only words and you don’t mean it, go ahead and do it anyway. Do it every day for two weeks, and you will find you have come to mean it and to want it for them, and you will realize that where you used to feel bitterness and resentment and hatred, you now feel compassionate understanding and love.”
It worked for me then and it has worked for me many times since, and it will work for me every time I am willing to work it. Sometimes I have to ask first for the willingness, but it too always comes. And because it works for me, it will work for all of us. As another great man says, “The only real freedom a human being can ever know is doing what you ought to do because you want to do it.”
…. When I get what I need, I invariably find that it was just what I wanted all the time.


So... I hate that part of the book. Hate it, hate it, hate it. However, it does seem to help, as much as I hate it. Sometimes I pray for the willingness just to not kill someone, but hey, it's a start. Regardless, my obsession seems to be lifting, and I'm feeling pretty steady today, thanks to some good meetings, some good girlfriends, and chocolate.

1 comment:

Meg Moran said...

steady on....

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White