Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Turnaround!

I feeeeeeellllll good! Wow... I've had such a turnaround in the past week... renewed energy and a feeling of just being... well, normal again? It's hard, after a year of such intense sickness to remember what normal felt like, but I am pretty confident that I am seeing glimpses of it now, and I know that it's definitely around the corner. I have no tubes or bags attached to my body, I am improving at making it in to work and being productive, I've been thinking about doing some housework... (wait. That is not normal for me). Okay, I still have a pretty ugly hole in my middle... it's about the size of a small lemon, and it's open and shows the stomach muscle, but it is slowly growing together. I keep it bandaged with wet gauze that I change 3 times a day. Ick. Ya'll are lucky I can't seem to put my hands on a digital camera at this moment, or you'd be getting a fine glimpse of it right now. Don't worry, I'm still working on that.

1 comment:

Megan Stuke said...

Please, PLEASE spare us that photo. If you do it I swear I'll never look at your blog again. And that would make me sad. But not as sad as looking at the hole in your gut.

I'm so glad you're better!!!!

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White