Thursday, June 02, 2005

Deep breath...

It's a good morning! I think if I stay on a 3 hour schedule with my hydrocodone it seems to be helping. I am actually going into the office for a couple of hours today, and that excites me. Yippee!

Perhaps I'll manage to gather my 27 overdue library books to send off to Topeka so I don't continue to feel guilty when they mail me more books. If anyone has any suggestions for books I should order, please comment. I am running out of ideas, and obviously not surfing as much as usual to find those great reads.

Emily and Lucy got in a big ol' bitch fight last night. They really tried to tear each other up. Of course it was because Emily is always soooo hungry, and she eats her supper very fast and then tries to get at Lucy's. Lucy really likes to take her time and chew slowly, and apparently was not in the mood to give it up last night. I am going to have to separate them further during meal times. Em has a bloody eye and both of them have cuts on their cute little snouts and front legs. They spent all of last night glaring at each other, glaring at me, and generally pouting and moaning.

Scott just called and wanted to know why I sound so strange. Perhaps because I don't sound pitiful yet? I guess mornings must be my best time. Never thought I'd say that. My boss is taking me to KU Med tomorow am at 7. Even though she's on vacation and has no such obligation, I think that's awfully nice of her.

Questions so far for Dr. Delacore:
Can I have a transplant?
Maybe this will go away without surgury?
What exactly does the surgury entail? Incision? how big? recovery time?
Is that a hairpiece?
When will the cyst form? Is it doing it right now? What does it look like?
When will I have the surgury?
How long does it take?
How long at KU Med afterwards?
Let me know if you have any other ideas for me to ask.
I am picking up my records today after a counseling appointment, and will hand carry all my xrays and crap to him tomorrow.
Hopefully I'll feel like posting later...




5 comments:

Wirely said...

Just wanted to say - I'm hoping for the best for you. Thanks for blogging during all this! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Rikki said...

Hey dear. Way to keep that chin up! I'm finishing Middlesex: A Novel
by Jeffrey Eugenides right now and highly recommend it. Also, all the David Sedaris books (if you haven't already read them), all Gabriel Garcia Marquez books, and Isabel Allende books.

el.dude said...

Hey Kalli,

I work in KC, so call on me during the day if you need me to stop in - what time is the appointment? Who is the Doc?

Smooches,

Lulu

Megan Stuke said...

Hey, I'm reading Middlesex right now too - it's oh so compelling, and really cool if you're into gender theory like I am! I recommend it too. I have a stack of books for you, many of which are on Rikki's list.

Again: YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE.
Love you!

kallipalooza said...

Ask him how to spell surgUry.
Love , Stinky

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White