Friday, February 25, 2005

It's the way that I do the things that I do...

SO... not much fallout after Rebound-Gate... GF and I had a long and entertaining talk on the phone the other night for over an hour. She rocks, and I am glad she didn't bitch-slap me. Fester took me out to dinner the next night and giggled about the awful story, also.
"If we didn't laugh we would all go insane."--Jimmy Buffett

In other news, it seems that I have an attitude, and I am not very nice. Wha?? I do have a tendency to come across as uhhh... impatient? hurried? irritated? annoyed? I guess it's not much fun to be around me sometimes.

Which got me to thinking about my own defense mechanisms. I've had all this emotional trauma that I refuse to actually deal with. I guess my vitriol is leaking out anyway.

A warning to all of my friends... apparently if they're not going to let me be a bitch at work, that leaves ya'll to deal with me. Be afraid. be very very afraid. Especially since I'm not getting laid AND there's no boy-toy to take some shit out on.

Seriously, though. I thoroughly enjoy the option of being a bitch when it's necessary, but I hate realizing that I've been one inadvertently. No fair.

ahhhh well. I need to get back in touch with my touchy-feely side. Maybe I should increase my Lexapro? Maybe I need to exercise more. Or ever. Maybe I should eat more Girl Scout cookies. mmm. yes. Chocolate.

I am going to go see Howard Dean today. Yowww! It's absolutely beautiful out, and I hope I can drag myself off the Free State porch to Liberty Hall for his speech. I wish I still smoked.
Some days I really want a cigarette.

I've been quit for 7 months, 20 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and 30 seconds (234 days).

Ginger read the legend of the long, luxurious, pink scarf and decided to send me this:

He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys by Greg Behrendt, Liz Tuccillo, Lauren Monchik (more)

Hee hee. I'm waiting by the mailbox.

No comments:

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White