Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nobody puts Boppy in the corner...

Two months old... just entering 10th week.

Gracie is still amusing me on a daily basis, which is good, I suppose, since I can't seem to get anything else done.

m constantly amazed at the biology and mechanics of breastfeeding, it's a current obsession for both of us, I suppose.

I started this great new job, and after a few weeks I am already behind. I wonder now if my life will ever be caught up. I wonder if I'll ever be on time to an appointment.

Will I get there fast enough when Grace cries to hold her, feed her, change her?

My new job demands quick responses as well. Quick responses, speedy follow up, and timely summary and reporting of the previously mentioned responses and follow up.

In other words, I am now constantly running around like my ass is on fire, often with one bra flap unfastened and my hair all amuck.

Crap, I'm supposed to be somewhere in 35 minutes. I look like hell and my lovey is cranky and won't let me put her down.

Thank goddess for slings. wish I could pull a Britney and just drive with her in her sling.
She's gonna rail when I put her in her car seat.



2 comments:

Megan Stuke said...

Boppy is gorgeous. Thanks for letting me manhandle her tonight!

el.dude said...

Ahhhhh. The insanity of being a single working mommy. When she's 7 and can help you take out the trash, it will seem a little less insane. I just realized this last night...that feeling lasted about ten minutes :)

When can Simon and I visit?

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White