Friday, October 26, 2007

Hello, tongue.


Miss Grace is 12 weeks old today. She weighs 9 pounds. She's eating 4 oz of neosure 2 times a day, and gobs of breastmilk whenever she can get it. She's going longer between feedings, sleeping for long chunks of time, and is smiling responsively.


Tonight she discovered control of her tongue. We were smiling and flirting with each other, as we often do, and I stuck my tongue out at her, and she thought about it for a second and tentatively stuck hers out, as well. Then she smiled sooo big, and continued to practice this new skill in response, back and forth for several minutes. It was hilarious to her apparently, and I must admit I was pretty delighted.


1 comment:

el.dude said...

Beautiful!

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White