Monday, August 21, 2006

Click for Today's photos

I am sick and tired of trying to figure out how to reliably post pics to my blog, so I am just dumping pics in my flickr account and hoping for the best. Well, the week is starting off just right, with lots of coffee and efficient phone calls made. I'm excited about my parent's visit and the 50th anniv. celebration on Thursday, and I'll also be excited when it's over.

I feel like this week is packed, but I have lots of fun things planned and there may be a special someone in my future tonight or tomorrow. I will keep you updated on that. I guess it's sort of a blind date, as we haven't actually met yet, but I hear he's very cute and has many qualities that I have been searching for for a long time. It's been a while since I have opened my heart to this type of situation, so wish me luck!!

Work continues to go well, with lots of opportunities coming my way, although I'm reluctant to jump into any drastic changes. I am starting to settle into a routine. I am so excited about my upcoming trip to Louisianna in October. At work we have a big statewide conference for self-advocates (men and women with developmental disabilities) that is in Wichita, and I and my co-worker Craig will be saturated in the details of that for the next month, and then we'll actually be at the conference, which will be fun. It's October 6,7,8 in Wichita. I've been there to help the past couple of years, and it's such a cool event for the men and women who participate, including all the people who present in the breakout sessions and keynote, etc. I really like meeting folks from all across the state, including the advisors and staff that attend also. It's pretty cool.

Then the 3rd weekend in Oct. Miss Phyllis is taking me, Becky, and 2 other friends down to Crowley for Rice Festival. I can't wait. It'll be my first trip out of state (Branson does NOT count) in a couple of years, and god knows I am mentally ready for a vacation that does not involve IV needles, morphine, doctors, or liver juice.

I have more pics to upload, will do so later on today.


No comments:

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White