Monday, April 24, 2006

Wow, I am glad that's over.

Wow.... it was a hellacious surgery. I am glad I didn't know in advance how bad it actually was going to be. Apparently I was unconscious for a couple of days after, and then just plain crazy for a week after that. I don't remember much of that, I know they had to restrain me at times. Oops. It's been a weird recovery, that's for sure. It's been so up and down, and I am too skinny, still. I have been fighting a terrible depression, also, don't know what the hell is up with that.




My friend Lydia just had a baby and this is a pic of me and her from yesterday. I look like HELL. I am having an awful time putting weight on.... can you believe it? I was just looking at this picture from the lake of the ozarks. I miss the fat me sometimes. I wish I could meet in the middle, you know? Well, I am not quite so depressed. I cleaned my house today and made it to Walmart for more Ensure drinks.
The lady who used to own my house died this week. Her name was Miss Lydia Jones, and she lived in this house since 1944 until just about 4 years ago when she had to go to a nursing home. I have antique roses and lots of flowers from her, so for the first two springs that I lived here I would go out to the nursing home and take her roses from her garden and talk to her about her house. It was built in 1880, and I wanted to ensure that if it were ever to be haunted, it would be a friendly spirit, hence my friendship with Lydia. She used to call me just to chat. Thankfully my neighbor Mollie has kept her up to date this past year about why I haven't been out to see her, being so sick and all. She was a dear soul.
Another friend died Saturday night... it was a bad cancer death at age 53, that really got me. He owned the lovely home with the pool where I had my 30th birthday party and met Andy through him. I enjoyed many many sunny afternoons floating in that pool and drinking beer. He was a generous person and had an open door policy about his pool, which was nice most of the time. He built his house just the way he wanted it, named the street after himself (Kimos Circle) hawaiian? for Jim? I think. It was like a resort. I wonder what will become of it all, and I feel terrible for his friends who lived with him and walked with him down this last path.

3 comments:

Megan Stuke said...

Jim died, eh? Kimo Circle was a good time. Wierd, but good.

Jim was fun. He always said, in his crazy gruff voice, that I had a pretty face.

I'm glad you're coming along. I've been shitty -- can't cope too well these days. I'll be back. I love you.

Rikki said...

I didn't know Jim was sick. i'm so sorry to hear about that.

Isn't lydia's baby (little rikki) perfect? I want to steal her.

Enarda said...

That was a sweet thing to do. It's no wonder you have so many people who love you. I like to see that you're blogging again.

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White