Top 10 good things about today (Monday):
10. Less pain than yesterday. Pain in general has been remarkably controlled.
9. Possibly ditching the nose/feeding tube this evening. This would allow me to eat again! And drink. I would kill for a hot cup of tea right now.
8. Thoughtful visitors and non visitors. Having a few of my main people drift in and out for support over the past few days in ICU has been nice, but at times overwhelming. Everyone who has waited will be exceptionally appreciated as I get better and better and am bored in my regular hospital room or at home after this (Kalli should be in a regular room by the afternoon/evening of 6/14).
7. My parents left and took the dogs with them for 2 fun filled weeks at summer camp in Stafford. This alleviates my worries about them and their care, and lets everyone else off the hook helping me after I'm home the first week.
6. My parents left town just before "saturation point" which, in my family, occurs either: a) after 72 hrs, b) while any of us isn't feeling good, c) while any of us is stressed/worried.
5. Food, and the possibility of ingesting it.
4. She hit the vein!
3. Dr. Delcore says "You're doing far better than you have any right to be. Far better than any of my expectations."
2. Barring infection or complications, I may be in a private room by Tuesday.
1. And possibly at home 1 week later! Yippie!