Saturday, April 16, 2005

Saturdays

I love Saturdays. I calculated today that I may live to be 79, according to http://tools.apollolife.com/agetool this calculator. That means approximately 2250 Saturdays are left, including today.

Today I resolved to accomplish so much with my Saturday, and I did. I planted a few flowers, bought some tomato plants and looked at the ground where they will eventually be planted, cleaned up around my yard, began to dig a fire-pit for burning those pesky branches that pile up in my yard, and made some sun tea. I also transported home a lovely free-standing hammock and set it up in a little grove of trees and lilacs in the corner of my back yard. I had much more than this on my to-do list today, but the hammock was calling me, so I took my latest book
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1400034566/qid=1113689090/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-8462098-8480646

And read. And napped. When I woke up the beagle was curled up in my “fire-pit” napping, too.

There’s still a lot on my Saturday “to-do” list, but I have 2249 still ahead of me.


1 comment:

Rikki said...

I've found that I work best on Saturdays if I tell myself I'm going to do absolutely nothing. Then everything I do get done makes me feel like an overachiever. It's a good system -- you should try it.

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White