Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tour of Duty

I forgot to mention that I outlined my re-negotiation plan to Fester in the form of a letter, with bullet points and everything. I was very enthusiastic about my plan, feeling that I had accurately identified all of the potential arguments and had effectively addressed them. I think I even clapped my hands after I handed the letter to him.

He read the letter, grinned, and said yes, sounds good… but he also added that he felt like my enthusiasm made me seem like an Army recruiter, ready to sign him up for another tour of duty.

I replied that indeed, I was, but would not send him to the front lines this time, that he’d be like a senator’s son, with a cush office job.

1 comment:

Megan Stuke said...

Kalli -- Posting once a week is simply not enough. I need more. Come on, entertain me.

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White