Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Forgiving Nixon

Things you may not already know about me, and quite possibly don't care about...
I was once on Romper Room.
It was in Wichita, KS in 1974. or 75? whatever.
I supposed to be on for 5 days. I only got to do it for 4 days, because the stupid president stupidly left the white house that day and the stupid news decided this was somehow more important than my final day of Romper Room.
That day I was supposed to carry the American flag, AND lead the "Romper Stomper March."
I was seriously pissed.
The weatherman at the television station brought me hot chocolate and it burned my mouth. I was particularly ungrateful for that hot chocolate.
It wasn't until he died that I decided to forgive that bastard, Nixon, for spoiling my final day of televised fame.
I'm still a little pissed.

No comments:

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." --E.B. White